COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
- Adjusted appointment times – Due to social distancing requirements we have had to stagger our appointment start times. For those that have appointments upcoming in July we have moved some appointment times earlier or later by 20 minutes. We will be sending out 1 week confirmation emails prior to your appointment. If this is an issue let us know.
- New Masks -- All clinical team members will be wearing fitted masks. We have all been fit tested for masks that will protect the patient and ourselves. We have a range of protective masks we are wearing due to different face shapes. Please feel free to ask us about this.
- Gowns – For procedures that make an aerosol we will be wearing isolation gowns to ensure no cross contamination
- Closed in operatories – We have closed in our operatories to create isolated treatment rooms. You will see that doors will be closed during certain procedures to ensure no cross contamination.
- Air filtration – We have purchased HEPA air filtration units for our operatories. These units contain a 6-stage filtration system which includes HEPA-RX filter that captures 99.998% of all particles down to .1 micron. These units also utilize UV-C germicidal light to destroy airborne viruses and bacteria.
- Time between appointments – A concept mentioned in our guidelines is fallow time and the need to ensure that any virus if present in the air has a chance to settle before we sterilize the room. We have had an HVAC engineering analysis completed on our operatories and determined the fallow time for each operatory. You will notice white boards up on our doors to enable us to follow this protocol.
- Enhanced cleaning of high touch areas – We will be sanitizing high touch areas on a frequent basis
Policies and protocols we have enacted to ensure that we meet and/or exceed guidelines include:
- Staff screening – Every day every team member is screened prior to entering the office
- Pre-Screening of patients – Every patient will be required to be pre-screened 24-72 hours prior to their appointment. We will send out the pre-screening form in our confirmation emails. If you cannot fill it out, we can do it verbally by phone.
- Masks – Patients will be required to wear their own masks into the building and in our office
- On time – Please be exactly on time for your appointment. We have been working our best to ensure that we can maintain the exact schedule. Seating in the waiting room is now limited and only to be used on an as needed basis.
- If you are early please walk around in the atrium or stay in your car.
- If you are early and require a place to sit; come in the office and you can sit at social distance.
- Before entering the office:
- Read the signs on the door
- Make sure that no other patient is at the screening table set up beside the front desk
- When entering the office – All patients and caregivers will be:
- Asked to sanitize their hands
- Have their temperature taken
- Asked screening questions
- You will then be taken to your operatory where you will be asked to rinse with an anti viral rinse for 30 seconds.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – We have obtained an adequate supply of PPE to provide care. This PPE comes with an added expense in both staffing and physical equipment. As a result starting on July 6 we will be adding a PPE charge of $15 per appointment. The Ontario Dental Association has created a billing code for enhanced PPE and they are currently working with insurance companies to evaluate coverage. If there are any questions on this, please do not hesitate to reach out to Jocelyn or Dr. Jeff to discuss.